Thursday, January 9, 2014

Three players retain in RCB for next three seasons in IPL

RCB has retained Kohli, Gayle and AB de Villiers for the upcoming season of the IPL, in accordance with the latest plan. This season’s novelties in the RCB camp include New Zealand Previews Player Daniel Vettori as head coach, Trent Wood hill as batting and fielding coach and Allan Donald as bowling coach. 

This formidable trio of players has contributed significantly to Royal Challengers Bangalore past performance and is match-winners in their own right. Their retention means that we have a strong platform to build an excellent team,” said RCB chairman Vijay Mallya.

Virat Kohli, who captained RCB in the last edition, said I am happy and honoured to be retained by RCB and it’s great to be back to Bangalore, factually my second home now. I’m looking forward to working closely with the new Head Coach Dan Vettori. Bowling Coach Allan Donald’s experience will add a lot of value. Jointly with my other retained mates Chris Gayle and AB and the rest of the team, I hope to fulfill the faith that RCB and the fans of Bangalore have reposed in me.

Chris Gayle, who has rocked Bangalore crowds with his massive hitting, was even more vocal of his pleasure. Home Again!! I am happy to be retained by RCB and looking forward to the love and affection… Bangalore, here I come again and let's rock!

The third batting race in RCB line-up, De Villiers, said, honored to be retained by RCB and very happy to be staying in Bangalore. RCB and Bangalore has a special place in my heart and I look forward to contributing to the Team success, up come IPL.

New Head Coach Vettori, who has captained both New Zealand and RCB, is one of the most economical bowlers in recent times across all formats and is expected to bring a stronger tactical focus to the game. 

Having been closely associated with RCB for the last three years, I’m very excited by the chance to work with this excellent brand and Virat in delivering on RCB true potential. My first area of focus will be to work closely with management in developing team work strategy for the IPL auction, he said. 

Allan Donald, usually known as White Lightning, is currently bowling coach for South Africa and coached Pune Warriors in the last edition of IPL. I have followed RCB very closely in previous Seasons of the IPL and believe they have the potential to go all the way. I hope my experience will guide them in getting there,” he said.

View My Stats